or Log in
Log In Form
Posted - 13/06/2011
Engineer, Sr Staff - Software Development
Broadcom's AirForce...-- product family offers the broadest line of Wi-Fi---- integrated circuits in the industry for system designs ranging from PC and consumer devices to access points and routers. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic senior level software engineers excited about 802.11 wireless networking, network protocols and working closely with hardware. Do you like seeing your work on the shelves of your favorite electronics store - then become part of the team that enables Wifi on almost all of the tier #1 PC vendors out there. 1.You will develop drivers and help bring the latest generation of wifi solutions to the market. 2.You will be involved in low level hardware bring-up and debugging of the firmware and drivers 3.You will develop the latest Wifi features and 802.11 protocols.
Job Requirements Job Requirements:
The following are the specific required skills and desired experience:
* B.S. and minimum 5 years experience in driver software development
* Expert with the C language
* Strong Networking device driver and systems level experience.
* Experience with one of Linux/MacOS/XP/Win7 required.
* Chip and platform bring up experience is required.
* Understanding of hardware issues and experience working with hardware engineers and with bus and logic analyzers is required.
* Experience with bus technologies such as pci, usb or sdio is required.
* Must have mastered OS concepts of: Process, DMA engines, interrupts, Interrupt Handling, Timers, Memory Virtualization, Threads, IPC, user space, race conditions and perimeter locking.
* Strong knowledge about networking concepts and protocols, direct experience with network device driver is highly preferred.
To be successful in this team, candidates should have the following personality traits:
* Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible
* Excellent analytical skills, particularly in the realm of software debugging
* Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills
* Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies quickly
* Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure
* Good oral and written communication skills
Business Unit: Mobile and Wireless Group
Shift: 1st Shift - Day
Discipline: Software Development
Employers on-line (13968)
Candidates on-line (651126)